Showing Up at the Page
If you have 20 minutes in your day, this course is here to make sure you make the most of them. 20 minutes is all it takes to either draw something or to get started. The hardest part is to show up at the page. Totalling over 12 hours of video plus live events, this course is here to give you ideas, let you draw along, discuss techniques, and always let the pen move!
We will draw animals, people, ears, cars, objects — with one goal in mind: to continue showing up at the page! Join us and get into your creative habit!
There will be 2 live events:
- March 19th, 2022 at 2PM in NYC (6PM in London · 7PM in Paris · 8PM in Tel Aviv – because the US has switched to Daylight Saving already): vimeo.com/event/1951865
- April 2nd, 2022, at 2PM in NYC (that’s 11AM in Santa Barbara, 7PM in London, 8PM in Basel, 9PM in Tel Aviv, 3AM on Sunday in Tokyo): vimeo.com/event/1953190
These events will be recorded and posted here in case you can’t attend.
Here’s a free example of a Showing Up at the Page video which is not in the course:
We will draw:
- Animals (7 videos): 3 prairie dogs · 2 iguanas · a sheep · a dog (Weimaraner)
- Cars (2 videos): Citroën 2CV · Fiat 500 (Cinquecento)
- Portraits (5 videos): Nina Simone · Kevan Johnson-Day · Charlie Watts · Christopher Plummer · Biggie Smalls
- Eyes (6 videos): Rick the Muse · Bernie × 2 · Frank Zappa · my friend Tina · my friend Paul
- Ears (2 videos): 6 ears
- Still life (2 videos): a child’s Croc · 2 pump bottles
Full, optional, hand-edited English subtitles are available in all videos.